If you’re using the June Oven or the June App, we take special steps when we collect and use information obtained through the oven and app. Please review Information from June Oven and Information from the June App below.
I. Consent to data collection and processing
This Policy describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. We use information collected from a variety of sources – including cookies, the June Oven, the June App, and other sources and technologies – to improve your user experience and the overall quality of the Service. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
II. The information we collect on or through the Service
- User-provided Information.When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, device identifiers such as an IP address, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with personal information when you register for an account, use the Service, post user content, make a purchase on the Service, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging features, or send us customer service-related requests.
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Site, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information about the device you are using to access the Service. For example, we automatically record information about your June Oven when you connect to the internet; for more information go to Information from June Oven. We may use various types of technology to do this, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser, or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Third Party Web Beacons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Site that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Site. Information collected through web beacons is collected directly by these third parties, and we do not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies. If you would like to learn more about behavioral advertising or to opt out of having this information used by companies that are part of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance to deliver targeted ads, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
- Location Information. June Life may offer certain features as part of the Service in whole or in part based on your location, such as to locate the mobile device on which you have installed, or downloaded an application that is a part of the Service. You will be given the opportunity to opt-in to location-based services, normally through an opt-in screen on the application. If you choose to enable location-based services, we may collect your location based on information provided by you or the mobile device, including, if available, GPS, IP address or cell tower information. If you do not opt-in to or choose to disable location-based services, you may not be able to utilize certain features of the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, even if you have not expressly granted us access to location data, we may nonetheless have access to location information contained in the transaction data associated with your June Life device.
- Information from June Oven. The SSID and wifi password are stored locally on the June Oven. The June Oven is connected to the internet and collects the following information when the Data Sharing setting is disabled:
- Wifi configuration information (IP address, signal strength, wifi security configuration)
- Diagnostic data including logs of software and hardware behaviors, software version number and update history
- Oven serial number
- Lifetime usage of oven components such as heating elements, fans and door switch.
- Images of the interior of the oven, including anything within the oven while cooking (e.g. food, pans, hands or other objects put inside the oven while cooking)
- Oven cavity and hardware component temperature data
- Food thermometer data
- Weight of the oven and items inside or on top of the oven
- History of cooking sessions, including date and times of cooking sessions, cooking modes and presets used
- Accelerometer data (motion or movement as felt by the oven, such as the opening and closing of the door, or the oven being jostled)
- Information from the June App. The June mobile application collects:
- Diagnostic data including logs of software and hardware behaviors
- Software version number and update history
- Oven serial number
- Email address
- Information from other sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
This information is collected and stored locally on the oven, then sent to our servers. This allows us to be able to assess the health of the product while it is in your home, and to help us diagnose certain technical issues that may occur. June ovens connected to the internet will also receive software updates, whether the Data Sharing setting is enabled or not.
In addition, the June Oven collects the following information when the Data Sharing setting is enabled:
This information is collected by the oven and sent to our servers so that you can use the oven in concert with the June mobile app. This information also helps us improve the performance of the oven and add new functionality, such as the ability to recognize new foods.
When you provide us with your email address, we store it on our servers and use it to communicate to you about our Services. For example, we may send emails to tell you about new features and functionality provided on the June Oven or mobile app via automatic software updates. We may also use it to assist with technical support issues in the event that you contact us for help.
Other data (diagnostics, logs, software versions, oven serial number) are sent to our servers so that we are able to assess the health of the product while it is in your home, and to help us diagnose certain technical issues that may occur.
III. How we use the information we collect
We use information we collect through the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect from the June Oven or June App to assess the health of the product, diagnose technical issues, pair the June Oven with the June App, improve the performance of the oven, add functionality, and develop new products, services, features and functionality.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time through the Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service to (i) contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, or address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your user content posted on the Service or (ii) send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices,” but may not opt-out of receiving administrative messages.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
IV. When we disclose information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
V. Your Choices
- Storage of your personal information. June generally stores your personal information on June’s servers until you request that we delete it or edit it. You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us through our customer service portal, accessible from our Site. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, and any other situation where we believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
When we contact you. If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us through our customer service portal, accessible from our Site, or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
- Erasing June Oven Data. All data gathered and stored locally on the June oven – whether Data Sharing is enabled or disabled – can be cleared by triggering a factory reset from the Settings app on your oven by tapping the Erase Data & Settings option. This will cause the oven to erase data stored locally on the June Oven, and to be dissociated from the June mobile app. Thereafter, the oven will need to be reregistered with our servers to work with the June mobile app. Upon doing so, the oven will be recognized by our services as a new oven. You will not be able to retrieve prior cooking history data from the June mobile app that has been paired with the June Oven after a factory reset has been initiated. After a factory reset, you can also request that we delete information from our server if you retained the June Oven serial number, subject to the reservations of rights outlined in this policy.
VI. Third-Party Services
The Service may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
VII. Children’s Privacy
The June Oven and our apps and Site are intended for adults. Use of our devices and app require establishment of an account by an adult, who is responsible for all activity under that account. All data collected in connection with a valid account is assumed to relate to an adult or to a child using our Service with a parent’s permission. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us through our customer service portal, accessible from our Site, and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
VIII. Data Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are reasonably designed to protect the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that despite reasonable precautions, your information will never be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
For data that we collect through the June Oven or the June App, we use industry-standard methods, including but not limited to Transport Layer Security (TLS) and cryptographic signature verification. We do this to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to our servers. Information collected by the June Oven is not encrypted when stored locally on the oven, but is protected by TLS if and when it is transmitted to our servers. Your wifi credentials and password are stored locally on the device and not sent to the June server.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
IX. Privacy and Security Settings
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit our access to certain personal information, please be aware that no privacy or security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
X. Do Not Track
XI. California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: 649 Front Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
XII. International Visitors: Consent to Transfer Data
XIII. Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. If the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
XIV. Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices through our customer service portal, accessible from our web site at https://juneoven.com.
Updated: December 1, 2016